3rd Edition Roman Missal

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Creating Memories


 My beautiful wife, our two boys, and I have spent this past weekend at a breathtaking Catholic Engaged Encounter convention in Reno, NV jammed packed with fabulous guest speakers. It was there that we met Jason and Kim Kotecki, one of the most inspiring Catholic couples in active ministry. I had first met Jason just about six years ago at a local Catholic business professionals breakfast where he was a much anticipated guest. It was then that I first was diagnosed with "Adultits (TM)". Want to find out more about my diagnosis, you must visit http://www.kimandjason.com/. In short, the cure for my condition is ice cream...for dinner. Who am I to argue with the experts? 

  So there my family and I were making the long drive home back to the Central Valley after a great weekend with the hours slowly ticking away when finally the need for gas and food had arrived; time for some much needed medication, of the cold and creamy nature. It has to be understood that the four of us were most certainly hungry, and so much would have been just tasty, but none more tasty then ice cream. Our boys LOVED every bite, especially after knowing this was not an everyday thing, (although it may have to be, we'll see. I'll let you know). For about a half an hour that parlor enjoyed the company of four kids rather than two adults with two children. To top it all off, we each ate out of each others waffle cone bowls.
  I'm not cured, but I'm certainly not planning on missing any doses of childhood and opportunities to create memories for my children, and my beautiful wife.

  So, just today, the family and I were shopping for groceries when my six year old son told a complete stranger that he and his family had had ice cream for dinner the night before. I didn't get any look of horror from the stranger, nor even one of disappointment. Instead I received a laugh and a "way to go, dad. Keep up the good work". I plan on doing just that.

Blessings,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment